Got this from All & Sundry. If you play, leave a comment over there with your blog url and she will link you.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I dressed up in a Nun's Habit for a show.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I'm not sure. I think I resolved not to resolve. I'll have to look back. I usually say drink more water, so put me down for that one again.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No, but my friend from second grade is pregnant again. It's a surprise baby. I love those.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Thank Heavens, no.
5. What countries did you visit? No countries, but we did move states.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A little financial stability.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? I don't have a date. It's all a big blur.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I have a full time job for the first time since I became a mother.
9. What was your biggest failure? I gained back a significant amount of weight that I worked so hard to get rid of.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I had my gall bladder out at the end of 2007. It was a big deal so I'm counting it.
11. What was the best thing you bought? I don't remember buying anything of significance.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Mine. There was a lot of change this last year and I think I behaved rawther well.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Mine. Sometimes I threw fits.
14. Where did most of your money go? Food, shelter, moving expenses. Woo hoo.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? A good job.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? How do you solve a problem like Maria?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder?b) thinner or fatter?c) richer or poorer? b
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? I wish I'd used my creativity more.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Snowed in, few presents, lots of movies, lots of family time.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? I stayed in love.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Pushing Daisies is in the top ten. I wish they weren't cancelling it.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I have never hated anyone. Honestly.
24. What was the best book you read? The Pleasure of My Own Company by Steve Martin. So quirky and sad and funny.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? That I really could sing a little higher than I thought. And I'm pretty good at the drums on rock band.
26. What did you want and get? A good adjustment for our family move.
27. What did you want and not get? Hubby still needs a better gig and to fully use all the gifts he has been given. And money. In the immortal words of Kanye West... Money's not everything, not having it is. :) You know you listen to your kids' music, too.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? We watched all the Harry Potters again, so even though they aren't in this year, I really liked them again.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? It's a biggie! The big 4-0. We went to visit my mom and went out to eat. I will have presents all week because as the queen of my little world, I proclaim birthday week and celebrate for seven days.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? That our new place of residence would be completely furnished and put together with a little more organization and prettiness. I'm working on it.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Librarian with a touch of thrift store chic.
32. What kept you sane? Deep Breaths. Pleas sent heavenward.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Nie Nie, bless her heart.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? I am not easily stirred. Not easily shaken, either.
35. Who did you miss? My dad, always, my grandma, some and my Iowa friends most. Linny D. I hope to see you soon.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Kandi (who does not look anything like the Kandi you just pictured in your head) from my new job. She's awesome and a hard worker and was accepting and kind to the new girl on the block. I'll have to tell her so.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. I am learning to accept the things I cannot change, learning to have courage to change the things I can, and learning the wisdom to know the difference. With God's help.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Ch-Cha-Change...
Happy New Year!!!