Sunday, January 04, 2009

Look, she made the paper!

I love it. It's HUGE on the front page of the sports section. Look at that concentration! I love to see my little gal go up against the six footers.


The other girl actually stayed at our house this weekend. She's on a traveling team from Australia and we hosted her and another girl overnight. We took them to Red Robin. That's about as all-American as you can get. They were pizza-ed out.
Australian accents are so different than the movie accents we hear from Hugh and Nicole. (Yes, I call them by their first names, we're that tight. After all, I do help fund their careers). Much more slangy and the words cut off way earlier. Takes a little getting used to, but very pretty.
I fixed tea, toast and eggs for breakfast and off they went. It was a quick visit and it was fun to learn a little about another culture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun--and congrats to your gal! aren't people from exotic locations just wonderful?