1. I laughed at a blind person - Story below.
2. I had to tell an employee to cover up - she was giving us all a show.
3. I had to fire someone. Oh, the humanity. It was so sad, but hopeful, because she will be in a better place for her skills.
4. I have to learn a data base and it's making me feel Stoopid.
5. Someone got mugged in our parking lot.
6. LOST started!!
Okay, so here is my embarrassing story...
I had been having a fairly hysterical day anyway, what with the stress of my job. So I took a little drive in my car and when I returned, there was this woman smoking right under the NO SMOKING ON OUR PROPERTY sign.
It just tickled me for some reason and I burst out laughing. The woman calls out, "What are you laughing at?" And I just told it like it was. "I'm laughing at you!" I said.
She asks why, and I said I find it hilarious when people smoke right there because of the sign.
Then she says, "Well, I wouldn't know. I'm blind."
And then I see the white cane.
She was really good natured and I just said that how was she supposed to know unless I told her, and then I gave her this sort of awkward sideways hug that she leaned into and then it was over.
I went inside and had a little wallow in my embarrassment and now I am telling you.
It's actually pretty funny. I hope.