Sunday, December 21, 2008

Stay-cation

I've had four glorious days of staying at home. No work on Thursday due to snow. No work on Friday due to beautiful, awesome snow again. Then the weekend. (More Snow). I wonder what tomorrow will bring. Do you think there is any way possible that my employer will keep paying us for bad weather?

Here's what we've been up to. First pic, me in my new neck ruff. From one of the One-Skein wonders book. Can't remember which. But I had written these instructions in my handy-dandy knitting notebook so I thought I would give it a whirl. I love it.

I'm doing a big, fluffy scarf right now on size 19 needles. It is cranking itself out, I tell ya.

There comes a time in every cookie making endeavor, when you can't roll that dough out one more time. That is when you just give up and accept that you will have an ugly cookie. We always honor our ugly cookie with lots of frosting and we bestow it upon a worthy recipient. This year the ugly cookie went to one of my daughter's friends. It was more prettily decorated than this one. This one just got labeled what it was. But I'm sure whoever ate this one enjoyed it.

And down below, we have my son. He successfuly made fire from his flint in snowy conditions. We are so proud.

Posted by Picasa
How do you spend your snow days?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the ruff and the ugly cookie;) What a cute thing! I always bake our dough remnants and eat it warm out of the oven. We're hunkered down with videos and I'm making fudge later. All the mending is done, the laundry is caught up and as the boys watch a Spiderman cartoon, I blog.

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Snow Days? I spell that N -O

T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U!!

Right now, my son is sitting at Logan Airport, his flight has a 5 hour delay!