Friday, May 30, 2008

Oh, ladies...

Men, just look away now and save yourselves.

It's that dreaded time of year again for me. The annual 'what will I wear at the pool' decision.

Alas, there will be no pics for this post. It was too, too terrible a sight. The shopping session highly amused my teenage daughter, who looks great in everything. She laughs now, but her day is coming.

There is not a swim suit out there that will fully constrain the sisters that are my bosoms. They will not be constrained, I tell ya.

I'm not small, I've lost some poundage and could stand to lose a few more, but I'm not too large, either. But in order to get adequate chestal region coverage, I have to try on the 2x and then it's just big all over.

I have fired the entire swimsuit manufacturing industry. Except maybe the Lands End people, but they are expensive and you know how I feel about mail order. And, you can't try it on unless you mail order and then ship back the rejects. It's just too much work.

So I will continue my hunt and wear last year's stretched out, thread-bare suit for now. It's unsightly, but it's something at least. If you see something good in a national department store, be sure to let me know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't Sears carry Land's End?
I've had great luck with their mail order though and their sizes are very true. And while they do cost a bit more, they are totally worth it because the quality is there.

You have my sympathy--swimsuit shopping is THE worst. I'd rather shop for anything else!!!

blackbird said...

Oh I don't envy you.
Keep us posted.

*carrie* said...

Amy,

Yikes, the dreaded swimsuit dilemma is here! We actually went to the SC pool the other night at the last minute, so I had no choice! My old standby is truly old--I think I've had it 8 years!