Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My first meme

I've never done a meme, never been 'tagged', don't know what meme means and wouldn't know how to go about 'tagging' someone else (does it involve a can of spray paint?). But, this one from Sarah Louise, via some of her friends, looked a little different than the norm, so I'm gonna do it. I just might learn a little bit about my own self.

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says. "al.le.giance (e le'jens), n. loyalty to a government, sovereign, person, group or cause." The Random House Webster's Dictionary.

2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can...what do you touch first? My tea, extra milk, two splenda's.

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV? Half of Boston Legal, before I fell asleep.

4. Without looking, what time is it? 2:06 pm

5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time? 2:10 pm

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? Our dogs barking.

7. When did you last go outside? It's early out day from the elementary school. Went to pick up my girls. Very fall-ish and beautiful.

8. What are you wearing? New-to-me courdoroys from the thrift shop, t-shirt, cardigan, flip-flops and a smile.

9. When did you last laugh? With friends at knitting class.

10. Seen anything weird lately? I cleaned out the fridge the other day, so what does that say?

11. What did you dream last night? I don't remember last nights dream.

12. What's on the walls of the room you're in? My cork board full of pictures, writing guidelines, quotes, doo-dads from the kids, etc. The usual suspects.

13. What do you think of this survey? I'm having fun. It's my first meme, you know.

14. What's the last film you saw? Hollywoodland. Eh.

15. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy? A house on some property and a nice vacation.

16. Tell me something about you that I don't know. I am a sign-language interpreter, but as there is a very low deaf population where I live, I haven't worked in this field for a while. I hope I don't get too rusty.

17. If you could change one thing about the world, what would you change? Hate.

18. Do you like to dance? I like to embarrass my children with all my happenin' moves.

19. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her? We named her after family members. I think if I had to do it over again, I would have a theme, like maybe give everyone a flower name, or something.

20. Boy? I wouldn't change his name. His name fits him.

21. Would you ever consider living abroad? I would live in Vancouver, B.C, but don't think that counts as abroad. If I did live somewhere, I would want to be fluent in the language before I went.

Okay... I feel like a more official member of the blogging world now. And all it took was the amount of time to drink a cup of tea. So, since I don't know the real protocol, consider yourself tagged.

1 comment:

Sarah Louise said...

I love it!