Friday, October 20, 2006

Signs



Some signs from our vacation.

Burgerville! The best place for a hamburger and milk shake. If you live in the Northwest, you are so lucky!

I saw a sign in my coffee shop that says "All unattended children will be given a free espresso and a puppy". That'll teach 'em.

I'm not sure what this guy has against elephant ears, but his feelings are strong enough for a sign.

Now, if I were like my internet friend, Shanna, I would segue into how these signs are representitive of something in my life and draw some kind of meaningful conclusion. She recently paralleled Battlestar Galactica with her writing life. That's something.

But me? I got nothing. Not yet, anyway. If I get an epiphany, I'll be sure to let you know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great sign (about unattended kids!) we need something like that at the library--except that we wouldn't be able to follow through on the puppy. We have "fake" expresso in our teeny tiny bookstore, though.

and now I can't get that classic rock song about signs out of my head. (blocking my vision, do this don't do that, can't you read the signs?)

shanna said...

yeah, but they're great signs! even if you're not the deconstruction queen, you do know how to pick a good shot!

And bravo for you to press on with an iffy book! You must have a big heart because I can see if from here. :-)