Monday, June 30, 2008

Laundry with a smile


Doesn't it look like a smiley face?

I thought I would try a clothesline this summer. I'm not sure how people get their lines to be taut enough to not bow like this. Of course, it didn't help that I left the towels out overnight and they were soaked in a storm. After another full day of drying they were still wet enough to wring, so I spun them in the machine again and put them in the dryer.

I really am trying to be more green and use less electricity.

My lawn looks pretty and green. This picture makes my yard look way more attractive than it is in real life.

Look! A visitor. This is a real lady bug, not one of those nasty asian beetles that bite.

Yep, it's just all slice of life around here lately. My cleaning is going well and I have worked my way into the living room. Now I face the challenge of trying to keep up the areas that are already cleaned and organized while I fix up the unorganized areas. It's a never ending cycle!

I really don't know how full time working moms do it. I work part time and do the family full time, but I could give up my job this instant and never run out of things to do or places to take people. I'm sure that my house would look a little better, at any rate. But, I like the library, so I'm willing to sacrifice a little to get to work there.

Coming soon, pictures of my clean kitchen cupboards. I betcha just can't wait.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The smell of cut grass and line-dried towels and sheets. That's summer!

*carrie* said...

Amy,

I'm hoping to put up a clothesline this summer, too.

Sorry I'll miss your garage sale--hope it's a success!