Thursday, November 01, 2007

I'm cute, but I'm not THAT cute...

Our family computer is in our bedroom, which is on the first floor right next to our main living space. This means my bedroom, which should be a place of peaceful sanctuary, is taken over by im-ers, msn-ers, homework doers, e-bay-ers and such.

There can also be extra kids in my room, which is embarrassing, because I know all their moms keep their rooms much cleaner than I do, but that's another topic. Anyway, most of my kid's friends know what room to find them in.

So I was not too surprised to discover a teenage boy jumping up a few feet to knock on my window, trying desperately to get my attention. I think I caught him off guard when I went to the window to ask if he thought I was my daughter.

There are teenage boys banging on my house. Sigh. I am the mother of a teenage girl.

At least I can take small comfort in the fact that the back of my pony-tailed head still looks girlish. But I am not looking forward to shooing boys away from my lovely daughter for the forseeable future.

And to think, I have two more girls who will be teenagers someday, too.

No comments: