Tuesday, November 28, 2006

FYI


Did you know that whipped cream has less than one carb, 0 grams of trans fat and is only 15 measly calories for about two tablespoons?

Some people think they are being so noble, eschewing the whip, taking the non-fat milk. But really, after your barista just pumped in 4 oz. of your flavor of choice, at 70 calories per pump no less, are you really being that noble?

So often, my hand is poised above your steaming cup of joe, trigger finger at the ready. I ask, "whip?" And you let me down.

JUST TAKE THE WHIPPED CREAM! It's really the most fun part of making your coffee!

6 comments:

shanna said...

I'll take the WHIP!! And thanks for the tip about the flavoring. Geez. Just looked up my favorite holiday drink and discovered that in it's smallest size, it's still 370 calories! Oh, lordy...

(Are you working at a coffee house now?)

Anonymous said...

Next time G glares at me for accepting the cream I will simply tell him it is so I am not disapointing you! Woo Hoo! Cast iron excuse!

Amy A. said...

Yay! Thank you, ladies!

Yes, I'm working a very light part time job. And I mean light. Less than 10 hours a week. Perfect for me.

Anonymous said...

I could eat Cool Whip straight out of the carton, and by God, somedays I do. Why not? It's not like I have to walk 10 miles to work off the calories! I agree, whip cream makes life happy!! (But I'm not a coffee drinker. Can I take some on my cocoa?)

Anonymous said...

whip cream is a happy thing....i could eat it out of the bowl after it's whipped! yummy! :-)

pretty journal, found my way over here via sarah louise!!

~sistahe

BabelBabe said...

i just don't like the consistency of whip with coffee, that's all. coffee is SERIOUS, whip is not. but i do with hot chocolate : )