Thursday, February 16, 2006

Do you know the feeling you get when you try to get somewhere new all by yourself? Maybe you have been a passenger in a car and have traveled the road a couple of times, but now you are in the driver's seat. All the landmarks seem different. Things you didn't notice before seem huge now. Nothing is familiar.

Well, that's how I feel right now. I have read thousands of books, but trying to write one feels so strange. Does the . go before or after the "? When should I start a new paragraph? Is that participle dangling? :) You would think that after you read so many books, that at the very least the basic structure would be easy. And what about all those thousands of words that make up a book. Do I even have enough to say that would keep someone interested from the first word to the 90,000th?

So, there. Does this make me angsty enough to be an author? Who knows. I may not ever be published, but I am determined to at least complete something. I know one thing, there is a TON of free information floating around on blogs and web sites out there to make a pretty darn good creative writing program. Thank you to all you generous writers who take the time to tutor us "aspirings" out here.

Off to write! Blessings.

No comments: