Friday, November 28, 2008

What happens when...

you go to sleep in the clothes you wore yesterday, wake up, eat left overs, sit at the computer and don't put a bra on?

That's right... unexpected visitors.

I guess that proves that it's not all glamour, all the time over here at pretty shiny. As if.

On the agenda today:

Clean up the turkey mess and remove the carcass. I attempted to make stock, but the smell kind of grossed me out, so I'm tossing it.

Spruce up the joint and get out the Christmas Decorations.

My son just now asked me to boil him some water for hot dogs. He's 14. I guess I'll be teaching someone how the stove works.

Figure out what to make people for Christmas gifts. I have a few ideas, but not a lot of supplies. I'm putting on my resourcefulness thinking cap and inviting in the Creative Spirit.

And now I would like to discuss a problem that I have just been able to name and which depresses me: Passive Creativity.

I spend a lot of time on blogs, oohing and aahhing and thinking 'I can totally do that', but then I don't. I just sit on my bum and soak in all your lovely goodness. It's sort of like watching an exercise video, while sitting on the couch and eating pie.

I am a creative person. I have a lot inside me and when I don't let it out, I tend to get a little... I don't know the word. Edgy? Morose? Dissatisfied? Stunted? I don't even know. I just know I don't feel right.

I know that I feel good when I eat my veggies and don't eat sugar. When I don't do those things I feel the same way. Gross and mad at myself.

So I'm calling it. It's too easy to look at things that I will someday make. I will still browse around to look for inspiration but from now on I will limit my time ogling after your stuff and try to produce more of mine. I'm not sure what that will be yet, but how will I find out if I don't begin, eh?

So, here's to creating beauty and spreading the love. Join me, won't you?

5 comments:

Erin said...

Woot! You just get your crafty self busy! But maybe put a bra on first... ;)

Anonymous said...

Solution for what to do when faced with unexpected visitors while not dressed properly: fake sick. Cough. Sniffle some and hide behind your hand as if you are protecting them from your germs.

blackbird said...

I'm so glad you've put a name on it. I am SO COMPLETELY PASSIVELY CREATIVE.

*carrie* said...

Funny post, Amy. I can totally relate. My sister is clearly the one who likes crafts and actually DOES them. =)

Anonymous said...

Passively creative--that's pretty cute. Good luck with those cooking lessons!