Friday, June 09, 2006

Trigger foods




When asked what foods set me up for binge eating, dieting failure, and all around crappy eating, these are the first three things that come to mind...

I really should not ever eat, even one, red vine. I cannot stop. It is a sad, horrible thing. I have no control. I wish I could laugh at it but it's really kind of sick.

Butter is another enemy. When I nursed my son, I would eat a whole loaf of bread and more than a stick of butter a day. Now, if I start in with the butter, I can easily slip back into the stick a day habit. I try not to keep it in the house except for special occasions. Unfortunately, I shouldn't ever bring it in the house because I WANT IT ALL THE TIME!

Diet Coke... What can I say. I know it's bad for me. I gave it up for Lent. It's another can't-have-just-one situation for me. Not to mention it's expensive and when I decide to stop I have to go through withdrawal symptoms, again. You'd have thought I learned the first time.

This is why I don't drink, not ever. My tendencies are dangerous.

So, starting right now, I am off the proverbial sauce... again. It's water, I can't believe it's not butter spray, and sugar free gum.

Lord, help me.

2 comments:

--erica said...

oh my gosh.
I am so with you.
I could eat that entire container of red vines.
AND

The diet coke sends me into a feeding frenzy every time I have one!!!

shanna said...

Came to see what you're up to; apparently, you're taking summer inventories of all varieties.

Yes, bread and butter are my vices, too! Love red vines, but I can stop after a couple.

But iced mocha lattes are really my undoing. Sigh.