Thursday, March 30, 2006

Twice today I screamed at people, but it wasn't my fault.

The first was when I went to let Scout the yellow dog out and when I opened the door, there stood my oldest daughter, inches from my face. When you don't expect to see a face staring at you, there's nothing to do but scream. She laughed hysterically. I did not find it amusing.

Later, I had to go back to work. I unlocked the front door and there is a guy sitting there at the computer who I had never seen before. I looked at him and screamed, "Oh, Shoot!" I can't believe that oh, shoot, is the first thing I can think of when faced with a strange person in my work place. I think I scared him more than he scared me. Don't worry, he did belong there, I just had never seen him before. Needless to say, I apologized and left immediately.

I guess I am easily spooked, but at least I'm not quiet about it.

On a happy note, I had a manicure today and my hands look fabulous.

Movie News: Hubby has finished the rough cut of last summer's film! A milestone passed. Congratulations, honey!

3 comments:

bobbie said...

i LOVE to startle people or watch them get startles (AFV, etc). it makes me laugh like nothing else. my 8 year old son now thinks it's hysterical to startle me. nope, don't like it one little bit. i am so afraid i'm going to swear or physically react as i am so unprepared for it.

he thinks it's just the funniest thing in the world, and yes, i guess i do deserve it. my mother is up in heaven right now giggling at her revenge.

bobbie said...

startled... not startles...

Amy A. said...

Funny you say that about swearing. After I left the building at work, I thought to myself how happy I was that I didn't say the OTHER word instead of shoot!

PS. I liked your charcoal work on your site. I think it's okay to be "inspired by" until you get a handle on things yourself!